Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Field Specialist should be able to perform all aspects related to Managed Pressure Drilling Services including Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Air Drilling (AD), Compression, Separation and Rotating Control Devices (RCD).
Duties and responsibilities are to perform rig up, maintenance and operation of all MPD and RCD equipment on the rig site and base when required as well as those listed below –
- Conducts maintenance of the Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment at the job site and workshop when required.
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Rig up, operate and perform troubleshooting of the Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment at the job site or workshop, ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied with.
- Perform green tagging, In Casing Test, or other operational activities required on location or in the shop and all documented procedures for the MANAGED PRESSURE DRILLING SERVICES equipment on location.
- Perform all RCD operations and monitoring.
- Performs field operations of Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment including operating the MPD Choke from the Operator’s Panel.
- Troubleshoot all electrical/electronic components and repair/maintain chokes and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Completes all the necessary reports/paperwork related to Managed Pressure Drilling Services operations.
- Keeps updated on all inspection requirements for the Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment on the job site and in the shop.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of all matters related to the Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment and accessories.
- Provides onsite job support to include but not limited to: mechanical, hydraulic functionality, revision changes, compatibility issues, troubleshooting, system versions, of Managed Pressure Drilling Services components.
- Keep updated on Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment, mechanical and hydraulic equipment manufacturing or regulatory standards.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Comply with Quality, Health, Security and Environment (QHSE) procedures and documentation on site for specific shift.
- Document all jobs and incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Participate in the Permit to Work process.
- Actively participate in Tool Box talks.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Required to complete the competency and training requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- Complete training in order to meet the minimum HSE certification and technical requirements required perform their jobs.
- Perform all duties regarding Managed Pressure Drilling Services and Weatherford assigned by management or supervisors within the physical demand of the job description.
- 3-5+ years field experience preferably within MPD.
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- Must be in possession of a transferable Kuwait work visa.
- General product knowledge.
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs.
- Valid Driver license.
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills.
- Self-motivator, self-starter.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions Able to work closely with fellow employees.