Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Learning Experience Program Leader, Pharma Services Group, API
Remote – Europe, including travel to our sites around the world as needed
In Thermo Fisher, we leverage our PPI Business System (Practical Process Improvement) to always be a little bit better than we were yesterday. It’s an engaging and involving system, which strives to build the skillset within every employee to see and take action on the day-to-day opportunities for making our company serve our clients even better and thereby making the World safer, healthier and cleaner.
We have decided that we wanted to revolutionize the way our almost 2,000 employees learn in our API Group. We want to move away from the typical “read something, then take the quiz” type of trainings towards an engaging, playful environment of learning. More engaging learning equals better learning. Better learning equals higher levels of proficiency in our workforce and equals fewer mistakes.
When we become best in class at learning, not only will we have more stable processes; we will also have a strategic advantage to find and retain talent. The best people care about their own development and they want to have fun at work.
We are now looking for someone to help us to strengthen our capability and capacity to drive us towards this vision.
This role reports to the Director of Operational Excellence for API and will have one direct report. In addition, the Learning and Development heads at each of our sites will report into this role matrixed.
What will you do?
- Transform the way our employees learn, from how courses are built to leveraging state of the art technology
- Take over the leadership of the existing project “Creating a Learning Environment in the API business unit” and accelerate it
- In close contact with the business unit leadership team, ensure that the strategic direction stays aligned with the overall strategy
- Work closely with the site teams to ensure alignment and progress
- Work with external partners (e.g. learning platforms etc.)
- Ensure system integration with the rest of Thermo Fisher
- Regularly report to the leadership team
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, in sciences preferably
- Extensive experience in project management, L&D and change leadership roles
- Experience and familiarity working in a matrixed, global organization
- Comfortable with international travel as needed, up to 50% of the time
- Excellent communication skills at all levels in an organization
- Strong intercultural understanding with experience from global roles
- Strong knowledge and understanding of new technology
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry
What’s in it for you?
Are you someone who gets excited by not knowing what every day will look like? Do you enjoy the freedom to shape and create your work and approach? This is a true international role with high visibility in the company, working closely with senior stakeholders. We would describe it as a hybrid role between project management, Learning & Development and new technology. For the right person it will be a fantastic career opportunity with plenty of potential to grow in the business. If it’s you – apply today here:
If you have any questions, please contact:
Nina Albuquerque, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist: [email protected]
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.